Former manager sues Spangles, Inc. for overtime and wrongful deductions. The lawsuit, which seeks class-action status, is pending in the United States District Court for the District of Kansas, Case No. 6:16-cv-01369-EFM-TJJ.
Plaintiff claims the following alleged practices of Spangles, Inc. are illegal:
- Refusing to pay overtime to managers
- Deducting wages to cover shrinkage, cash register shortages, and quality failures
- Requiring salaried management to pay cash out of their pockets to make up for drawer shortages
- Imposing a $25.00 administrative fee on payday advances
- Retroactively adjusting the compensation of employees
- Deducting wages to pay for uniforms that Spangles, Inc. did not provide to employees
- Deducting child-support garnishment administrative fees that exceed the amounts permitted under state law
IMPORTANT NOTICE: for years, Spangles maintained an illegal policy that prohibited employees from discussing their wages. We filed a charge with the National Labor Relations Board on behalf of Spangles employees to address this policy. In response, the company revoked its illegal policy. You have the right to discuss your wages with coworkers, and to join any collective or class action lawsuit against Spangles seeking unpaid wages.
Contact attorneys Sean McGivern and Nathan Elliott for more information about your rights. (316) 266-4058.